Friday, September 21, 2012

Things that happened to me before 9:00 a.m.




I just really needed to share how my day has started

2.       6:15 a.m. Forgot to set my alarm but I woke up anyway because my brain hates me

3.       6:45 a.m. Went downstairs to make myself lunch but stopped in the living room to look for my shoes.  I turned on the light and was shocked to find my brother sleeping on the couch.  Now this wouldn’t be so weird if the TV was still on so that I knew he had just fallen asleep watching something, but the TV was off and he was in his pajamas.  He then woke up and looked completely disoriented, more so than one usually does when waking in the morning.  He seemed to have no idea where he was and he then told me that he had taken his contacts out and definitely had fallen asleep in his room in his bed.  So he was sleep walking, which people do, but Nathaniel has never done that in his life.  I went upstairs to tell my mother because I thought this was hysterical, meanwhile I hear Nathaniel moving around downstairs.

4.       7:00 a.m. I go back downstairs to the kitchen where I see that the freezer is open, so I call to Nathaniel in the dining room (where he is on his computer) to tell him he forgot to close the freezer.  Upon further inspection I see that there is water everywhere and now realize that sometime between Nathaniel leaving his room and falling asleep on the couch he had managed to open the freezer and then pass out, leaving it open.

5.       7:00 a.m.  He tells me not to tell mom while he closes the door and then runs upstairs.  Yeah, like she’s not going to notice everything is melted when she opens the freezer to get a bagel.  My brother the genius.

6.       7:07 a.m. We realize that he obviously didn’t do it on purpose, because he was asleep, but know that my Dad will not understand that, so I attempt to start cleaning things up.

7.       7:15 a.m. I realize I am going to miss the train so I drive to Wonderland to take the blue line in.

8.       7:50 – 8:30 a.m. Everything is normal on the train

9.       8:32 a.m. Transfer to the Red Line to get to Harvard Square.  For some reason it is way more crowded than usual and I am stuck where I cannot reach anything to hold onto.  This is very bad I realize and I can’t move my legs so there’s no way I can possibly balance myself.  First minute is ok but then I am completely unstable and grab the nearest thing next to me.  This happens to be an older man and I say I’m sorry and as soon as I am stable I let go.  Only to grab hold of him again two seconds later.  It is at this point that I will definitely take someone out if I let go of him, so I do not.  He says “no problem” but he says it all proper in what I realize is a French accent.  Of course I’m clinging to an older French gentlemen, of course I am.  This is made more embarrassing by the fact that I still have five more stops to go, so thankfully enough people leave so I can grab the bar and not him, except for he does not get off the T until Harvard with me, and then he walks off with his little French wife.  

10.   9:00 a.m Should be at work by now but I stop at panera because I didn’t get to pack my lunch of eat breakfast because I was cleaning up my stupid brothers mess.

And that was my morning, just thought you should know.

Edit: Upon further investigation, turns out Nathaniel was just blackout again.  Fucking douchebag.



No comments:

Post a Comment