Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm just complaining today



Can I just take a second to talk about my day?  This isn’t going to be some personal essay or some criticism about WAC I just want to write about the fact that I have to be alive right now.  And it’s only 9:49.

One.  I woke up at 6:20 today, thirty minutes before my alarm was due to go off and then could not fall back to sleep.  Fucking sucked.  Then when I was getting ready I realized that my neck really fucking hurts.  Like, I cannot move it left or right or really look down or up at all.  So I guess I’m just stuck looking straight ahead and tackling this day “head on” as those stupid optimist like to say.  God, I really hate them.

Two.  I went to the Red Lion Smoke shop to buy a ten ticket train pass only to find out that only take cash.  Well I’m fucking sorry, I don’t carry $135 on me just for shits an giggles unless I’m making a liquor run in C-Town and I’m buying for all those stupid freshman who aren’t 21 yet.  (They’re not stupid because they’re not 21, they can’t help that, they’re stupid because they’re fucking freshman).

Three.  Train was then 35 fucking minutes late.  And I couldn’t walk back to my house and drive my car to the T station because my Dad decided to actually go to his office today which he never does, and my stupid twin brother just happened to get himself a job two days a week assistant coaching the JV team at his old high school.  And of course everyone who is always cranky on the train was of course ten times angrier today because of the substantial delays.

Four.  Tried reading on the train but since I’m jammed in an aisle and the asshole in front of me had to LEAN ON THE ENTIRE BAR I have no balance and can’t read, but then, I can’t bend my head down so I couldn’t even if I wanted to.

Five.  I’m already late, so really, what’s the point in rushing.  Went to get on the T but wasn’t enough room, so I just waited for the next one.  Only one door on that car would open and everyone and there Mom has to be on THAT ONE.  Ok, but there’s only one door so you have to get in a line.  But everyone is like. “NO I’D RATHER DIE THAN BE ORDERLY.”

Six.  I think the homeless people in Harvard Square are starting to recognize me which is awkward because now they seem to think we have some connection so that don’t mind saying “Hey” to me in the morning which is super awkward.

Seven.  Broke a piece on the water dispenser at work, walked away quickly, no one seems to have noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment