Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tales Of My Drunken Life Part I



It’s four in the morning and I have no idea where I am.  First of all, my bed is not lofted, so this is clearly not my room, second of all, there is also someone in this bed.  God fucking damn it.  Well at least my clothes are on.  No herpes today!  But seriously, how the fuck did I get here? 

This is of course May Day night, sophomore year of college.  I remember none of this night after I left my room.  I have no recollection of getting to the green or how the fuck I ended up in a different dorm, certainly one that I’d never even been in during my first two years at WAC. 

The art of escaping this room and its occupant was made that much more difficult by the fact that I was A) still drunk, B) had to climb over someone to get down the ladder and C) There was a drunk bar preventing me from leaving.  Now, the drunk bar in theory is a great idea.  It prevents drunk people from falling out of bed.  Too bad it also prevents drunk walk of shamers from leaving said bed undetected.  Because it is way too complicated to climb over said bar but it is also just as risky to lift it up.  Because I was still drunk this would probably end with me accidentally dropping it on this girls head, and I preferred not to wake her up and I wanted to escape with no one knowing I was ever there, her included.

This problem was not helped by the fact that I had never been in that room before and I had no idea where the fuck my glasses were.  I would be ok with leaving my keys or my hat, but I can’t leave my glasses.  Damned my fucking blindness.  I decided I was going to lift the bar, this was made more difficult by the fact that I was on the wall side of the bed so I also had to climb over a body.  I pretended it was some Indiana Jones adventure, except then I got over excited and of course, dropped the beam of wood.  Well, now she was awake and it was getting way more awkward because I really just need to leave.  I’m not one for sleepovers, especially if I wake up sober.  It’s just not my thing.

Well I woke her up, so I did what I always do which was to behave like any other normal person would behave: make a grab for my shit, say a hasty “gotta go” and run from the room.  Now, I don’t count this as a walk of shame considering I A) thankfully did not sleep with her and B) it was four in the morning so no one was around to see me do it.  In fact, if I played it cool, I just looked like one of the last party people standing, making the long eight minute walk back to Chester.  And what a long cold fucking walk that was.

This is one of the only few times I woke up not aware of where I was.  The other couple times ended with me waking up in an apartment across the street from Sam’s over the restaurant now called the Lemon Leaf, but since those were purely platonic sleeping arrangements, they don’t count as shameful.  Though once when walking up Wash Ave at 7 a.m. in my sweatpants someone honked at me followed by the “thumbs up” salute.  Oh how wrong you were, assuming driving.

Here’s my thing about drinking: I either have one or two drinks not even getting my tipsy or I am wasted.  I don’t have a middle ground.  There is no happily buzzed for me.  I don’t do moderation, I go shitfaced or I stay at home and watch movies.  Though sometimes I am shitfaced and also watching movies.  Senior year I convinced my roommates to turn “The Sound of Music” into a drinking game, yes I am ashamed of myself.  No, not really.

Freshman year I got so drunk during the pregame that it just turned into straight gaming and I had to be deposited on the fourth floor of Minta with someone who I had only just become friends with second semester.  I woke up with my sternum aching and bruised from leaning over the toilet all night, I also think at one point I fell asleep in the stall against the door, or possibly lying around the ground, I don’t recall much.  Well, that’s what you get for banging back 13 shots in 20 minutes.  In retrospect I probably should have been taken to the hospital, but whatever.  I can say that I didn’t wake up with a hangover which I’m super proud of.

This blog has no point except to recall awesome or shameful nights of drinking.  Like once I got super drunk and made out with some girl outside of the Ihouse in front of public safety, which obviously I was told about later because that also is an event that I cannot seem to recall with much clarity.  I believe that night I was the victim of two shots of everclear and then a mixed drink, also with everclear.

I have a knack for drunk dialing people.  I just have to, it’s at the point where I try to sober hide my phone but then I get super anxious and have to call someone.  The usual victim of this endeavor is my friend, Flash.  Flash is ten years older than me and is basically my big sister.  Flash never answers her phone because she’s off partying herself, so I used to leave her three to five minute long drunk rants.  These were usually about the fact that I A) could not find any lesbians B) found some lesbians but they were weird or C) made out with a straight girl, I’m the king.  I stopped calling Flash the older I got in college, as I grew some shame and got more embarrassed by the fact that my drunk alter ego was some crazy drunk sad lesbian.  She would also save them and replay them for me when I returned home on holidays.  Some of them I remember, but the ones I don’t remember leaving were by far the most embarrassing.  She also like to play them for her friend who I did not know.  This is probably for the best, because if I did know them, I would feel the need to write a long winded apology citing that I only turned into a crazy horny lesbian when I was shitfaced.  When I am sober I am way too shy to talk to a girl.

Another very large problem I have is I tend to lose my friends.  See, my school was small so I’d go out with my usual drinking gang and then find some people I knew from class who would otherwise have no interaction with my core group of drinking pals and I would wander off with them.  I would then find myself in a random Western Shore house, knowing no one inside and forgetting where I had left everyone.  Besides this losing people problem, I also tend to do ridiculous things when I see people I’ve hooked up with but wish to avoid them at all costs.  This need to avoid people once had me hiding in a closet in someone’s room for literally thirty minutes.  And no, the irony was not lost on me at the time.

There are more tales of infamy and bad decisions.  I’m just either too lazy to write them now, or I just don’t remember them.  I’m sure drunk stories will pop up from time to time.  One of the most epic being my first drunk night of college, which will be saved for a later date, yet to be disclosed, since it was one of my more embarrassing moments so I might actually have to be drunk to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment